glitter logo maker - http://www.sparklee.com

April 24, 2010

Thing 11

Commenting.... I hate being forced to leave comments as an assignment, but I understand that we need to gain the experience. I liked receiving some comments on my blog posts that were constructive or engaging. It does make one feel like they are part of a community and not alone in Cyber Space.

I like the use of Blogging in the classroom because it provides the student an authentic audience to perform for. I have witnessed more detailed and edited work from students when it's posted online versus handed in on paper. The students know they are judged by their peers, their teachers and the rest of the world... of course they are going to perform better! Another reason why I like online comments/blogging is that it provides an avenue for interaction for those voiceless students that do not like to engage with other people face to face. It finally gives those students a voice! It also extends the learning outside of the classroom's four walls.

No comments: