glitter logo maker - http://www.sparklee.com

April 29, 2010

Thing 23

The Web 2.0 journey..... it's certainly not a destination! This course presented a lot of material in a well structured way. I have used my experiences from this course to offer professional development opportunities to the teachers in our district. I have found many tools that I was previously unaware of. These tools can be used both in and outside of the classroom. It is my intent to continue to offer professional development opportunities to our teachers using these tools and the many others that I have explored.

My big takeaways from this course are Blogger and Wikispaces. These two tools are essential to understanding and utilizing many of the other Web 2.0 tools. Without the opportunity to use these tools to "play", I would not have gained experience with them. By using them through this course, it provided a safe way to "play" and learn without having a classroom or "professional" audience of your colleagues....it was a classroom experience and a safe way to learn.

Thank you for putting this course together. This by far is one of the best professional development courses that I have been involved in and would recommend this to anyone with a desire to learn about Web 2.0!

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

We're glad you enjoyed the course. Feel free to use any parts of the 23 Things web site in the professional development you offer in your district. Thanks for participating.