glitter logo maker - http://www.sparklee.com

April 25, 2010

Thing 12

Gadgets!!! I love them. These are what jazzes up you blog or wiki or website. I had previously embedded my Voki as an example before I can upon Thing #12..... so I will have two. I've embedded my Google Gadget's turtles in the post - they crack me up! The only thing that is a drawback is the advertising at top takes up the majority of the screen since I made the gadget a little smaller.

The voki is embedded in the layout. I did have to modify the size of the voki even if you get the "small" size embed code.... it's still too big and was cut off. It's a little tricky because you need to edit the code, but if you're willing to play... it's well worth the risk!

It's my belief that students like MySpace and Facebook because they can personalize their work and write for that authentic audience. They are allowed the creative freedom to express their personalities, needs and wants. With that being said, we as educators need to adapt to how they are wired..... and engage them with the technology that is available to us in our classrooms.


No comments: